Top Ten Tuesday is a meme from the folks at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is Top Ten Books Read So Far This Year....
Here are mine:
1. The Enchanted by Rene Denfield. A darkly beautiful novel that is a blend of fantasy and the reality of life inside a prison. Just beautiful and deeply affecting. Absolutely gorgeous writing.
2. Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison. I'm still working on my post for The Classics Club on this behemoth. It took me three months to work my way through Ellison's incredibly inventive classic novel.
3. TransAtlantic by Colum McCann. Again, beautiful writing, and a tenderness and compassion that just did me in. Tears for the final pages.
4. Casebook by Mona Simpson. At times funny, at times sad, this is a wonderfully tender book about family life, betrayal, and growing up.
5. The Conditions of Love by Dale M. Kushner. Poetic, funny, and sad, I completely loved this novel about a neglected girl who finds her own way to womanhood, loving and losing along the way.
6. Fallout by Sadie Jones. Fantastic story, beautiful writing. Set in 1960's London.
7. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Loved! I'm now a fangirl for Rainbow Rowell.
8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Need I say anything at all?
9. Paper Towns by John Green. For how I feel about John Green, see my post on Reasons Why John Green Should Have Been My High School Boyfriend.
10. Time and Again by Jack Finney. Recently reissued, Jack Finney's classic illustrated time-travel novel was hugely fun to read.
One thing about this list: nearly every book on this list made me cry!
What are your favorite books so far this year?
I LOVE THE ENCHANTED! It totally made my list!
Oh! I'd forgotten about Time and Again. That has been on my TBR forever. I hope that I can get to it soon.
I've read two on your list!
I really need to read John Green! The Fault in Our Stars is on my kindle...
I'm in the very middle of Casebook right now! Enjoying it a great deal.
Recently read Looking for Alaska by John Green for the Children's and YA Lit course I'm teaching. Every student was engrossed in it.
Judith (Reader in the Wilderness)
I read your #2 and loved it very much
@Andi-The Enchanted was such a gorgeous book....and unlike anything else I have read.
@Rachel Reads-I had been hearing about Time and Again for years. I'm glad it has been reissued, and I'm glad I finally read it. I think it may have been made into a movie at some point....
@bermudaonion-I wonder which two? ;)
@JoAnn-my students finally convinced me to read John Green, and I'm so glad I did....
@Judith-I ended up really loving Casebook. What other YA books were in your course?
@wordsandpeace-Invisible Man really is one of the best books I've ever read...
Post a Comment