Top Ten Tuesday is a meme from the folks at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is Top Ten Books Read So Far This Year....
Here are mine:
1. The Enchanted by Rene Denfield. A darkly beautiful novel that is a blend of fantasy and the reality of life inside a prison. Just beautiful and deeply affecting. Absolutely gorgeous writing.
2. Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison. I'm still working on my post for The Classics Club on this behemoth. It took me three months to work my way through Ellison's incredibly inventive classic novel.
3. TransAtlantic by Colum McCann. Again, beautiful writing, and a tenderness and compassion that just did me in. Tears for the final pages.
4. Casebook by Mona Simpson. At times funny, at times sad, this is a wonderfully tender book about family life, betrayal, and growing up.
5. The Conditions of Love by Dale M. Kushner. Poetic, funny, and sad, I completely loved this novel about a neglected girl who finds her own way to womanhood, loving and losing along the way.
6. Fallout by Sadie Jones. Fantastic story, beautiful writing. Set in 1960's London.
7. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Loved! I'm now a fangirl for Rainbow Rowell.
8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Need I say anything at all?
9. Paper Towns by John Green. For how I feel about John Green, see my post on Reasons Why John Green Should Have Been My High School Boyfriend.
10. Time and Again by Jack Finney. Recently reissued, Jack Finney's classic illustrated time-travel novel was hugely fun to read.
One thing about this list: nearly every book on this list made me cry!
What are your favorite books so far this year?