Is it really Tuesday again? That was fast.
Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.... This week's list is the top ten things on your reading wish list.
1. I wish there were more readers who would buy, read, share, and rave about short stories. There are so many amazing short story writers at work now (Greg Spatz, Robin Black, Anne Leigh Parrish, Alice Munro, Andre Dubus III, Edward P. Jones....I could go on and on).
2. I wish Bonnie Jo Campbell would write another book already.
3. The entire world could just slow the heck down, and read big fat books. I wish that would happen.
4. I wish that I could magically turn all of my students into ardent readers. And I am seriously working on that.
5. I wish there were a John Steinbeck for our times.
6. I wish John Green would visit my classroom. My students would be like *squee*! Because John Green is the awesomesauce.
7. Benedict Cumberbatch could visit my classroom too, just because *swoon*...and Sherlock.
8. I wish I could write it all down in a book. And get it published. That has been my dream for almost as many years as I've been living. I write it down, but it is like....fragments.
9. This is, like, totally unrelated, but I wish I could have a paper-grading robot. So that I could spend more hours reading books.
10. I've had this long-standing fantasy about having my own bookstore. It would have new and used books, a cat, and a fireplace. That's about as far as I've gotten. Is that a business plan? Oh, and coffee.... lots of coffee.
My bookstore would be kind of funky, like this one.
What are your bookish wishes?