Mission

Bibliophiliac is the space where one passionate, voracious reader reflects on books and the reading life. You will find reviews, analysis, links, and reflections on poetry and prose both in and out of the mainstream.

A book must be the axe for the frozen sea within us. Franz Kafka

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Coffee: Back to School

Reading....

Penny Kittle's Book Love
John Steinbeck's East of Eden
Susan Campbell Bartoletti's They Called Themselves the KKK: The Birth of an American Terrorist Group

Thinking About....

Ferguson, Missouri

Getting Ready for....

Students--tomorrow!

6 comments:

Judith said...

It's so difficult for me to grasp that your summer vacation is over and that your students arrive mid-way in August when it's still summer.

I hope you had the ten weeks of vacation that most public school teachers have. And I hope you have air conditioning!

I'm glad you have lots of books on tap to relax with.
Judith (My first class is Sept. 4.)

bermudaonion said...

I hope you have a great year!

JoAnn said...

Good luck with the new school year!

bibliophiliac said...

@Judith- We had eight weeks, which went by so fast! But now I'm back in my school routine, and off to a great start.

bibliophiliac said...

@bermudaonion-Thanks, Kathy!

bibliophiliac said...

@JoAnn-I know it is still the honeymoon period, but the first week went great!