Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Top Ten Tuesday: Can't Wait for These Books in 2014
Brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
Here are some books I can't wait to read, and they are coming in 2014....
1. Why I Read: The Serious Pleasure of Books by Wendy Lesser. This is my kind of book. From the founding editor of The Threepenny Review, Why I Read will end up on my bookshelf very soon.
2. Leaving the Sea: Stories by Ben Marcus.
3. After I'm Gone by Laura Lippman. If it is by Laura Lippman, I'm going to love it. Lippman's mysteries, set in Baltimore, combine suspense with good writing and wit.
4. Bark: Stories by Lorrie Moore. Wow. How exciting is this? New stories from one of the masters of the craft.
5. The Noble Hustle by Colson Whitehead. Whitehead's tweets are more entertaining than most novels.
6. To Rise Again at a Decent Hour by Joshua Ferris. By the author of Then We Came to the End.
7. The Kept by James Scott. A debut novel that I will be reviewing soon...the buzz on this one is promising.
8. The Enchanted by Rene Denfield. Another debut novel that sounds intriguing, I'm looking forward to reading this one....the author has been compared to Alice Sebold and Stephen King!
9. On Such a Full Sea: A Novel by Chang-rae Lee. A dystopian novel that is generating a lot of buzz...
10. Mind of Winter by Laura Kasischke. Elements of pyschological suspense and horror, and compared to Joyce Carol Oates.
What books are you looking forward to in 2014?