Mission

Bibliophiliac is the space where one passionate, voracious reader reflects on books and the reading life. You will find reviews, analysis, links, and reflections on poetry and prose both in and out of the mainstream.

A book must be the axe for the frozen sea within us. Franz Kafka

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday, Belatedly

 
This week's Top Ten Tuesday (oops, I'm a little late) is about the literary characters we'd like to have in our family. Thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for hosting this fun meme.

This one is so easy; just drop me straight into the pages of the much-loved, much-read Little Women. I must have read this book a dozen times as a girl, and the characters are as familiar to me as my own family. I'd happily live in this matriarchy, draping myself across my beloved Marmee's shoulders. We'd put on plays in the attic, write letters, knit stockings for the Union soldiers, pine for the boy next door, and squabble now and then. One sister is beautiful, selfish, and artistic, one is too good for this life, one is a scribbler, one is sensible and mature....I do imagine I would blend in with this family and find my own nature within the circle of girls and women....

1 comment:

gautami tripathy said...

You chose well! Great family to live/grow with!!

Here is my Top Ten Picks post!