Since it is Manic Monday, a bullet-style post is called for:
- Now that school is back in session, I'm back to trying to read several books at the same time. Books for teaching strategies, books I'm currently teaching, books of writing exercises, etc.
- I love Fridays even more now: Silent Sustained Reading. AKA heaven.
- I'm working on a review of Nashville Chrome by Rick Bass. The short version: loved it.
- On Friday I have a guest post at Desert Book Chick (Amanda). This Outback bookie has a fun, entertaining, and highly individual blog--so thanks, Amanda, for letting me yak about my love for Russian classics.
- I've been working on my blog list--spiffing it up a bit. Take a look, because I've added a few newbies who are worth checking out...
- I've been thinking about awards lately--and I'd love to have your thoughts. The folks who give awards are lovely, but the problem is in passing them on. It seems sometimes that I'm giving someone an unwanted task rather than a gift outright. Some bloggers have a policy of not accepting awards, a practice I find entirely reasonable and unoffensive. What do you think?