Feels like 110 degrees here. Again. I'm deeply in love with Rock Island Line by David Rhodes; I can't wait to post my review so you will all fall in love too. But first I have to finish reading the book. In the meantime, as a public service, here are a few things you need to know about, dear readers.
1. Crazy for Books. Jennifer has a post looking for comments on the Book Blogger Hop. It's getting crazy over there, if you hadn't noticed. There are so many blogs on Mr. McLinky that Jennifer is wondering if it is time for some changes in the neighborhood. I weighed in on this (I'm for separating the links by genre) and so should you.
2. Bookworm with a View. There is a great post today called "Here's what I know..." The bookworm just moved, and the previous owner left behind an entire book collection. The post is a fascinating reflection on the portrait created by our books. What would someone know about you by looking at your book collection? Would it be an accurate portrayal of who you really are? Try looking at your bookshelves from the perspective of a stranger--what do you see?
3. Amanda at Zen Leaf had a wonderful post on Sunday: Sunday Salon Comments about why we blog. I loved reading her perspective on followers, rock-star statistics, and friendships between bloggers.
4. Kate's Library is a place I like to drop in nearly every day. Kate just has a lively, natural tone, and reading her posts is like reading a letter from a friend. I especially like her regular feature Friday Five.
5. Jane Doe at Dead White Guys is probably the funniest literary blogger; she writes about serious books in a comic and irreverent way. Her post today, Favorite Books of All is opinionated, quirky, and fun.
6. Eat Run Read is a blog I discovered on the blog hop. What else do you need? Molly has an incredible, edible post today: Summer Peach Chantilly Cake. Gorgeous pictures of her superb looking cake, plus step-by-step instructions. Just looking at her peach and frosting confection made me feel cooler.
Great links! I just added Dead White Guys to my blog roll. Second time I have heard of it in as many days. Then I realized that although I subscribe to you in Google Reader for some reason you were not in that list too. Fixed it. Really need to go through all of it and tune-up.
Hey! That's me! I'm famous! Thank you for the inclusion :)
Great post! I love all of these blogs and just became a follower of the one I hadn't heard of - Eat, Run, Read.
In a related note, I am also for separating the links by genre in the Book Blogger Hop. On the weeks I do participate I feel like I have to sift through 90 YA blogs to come across a good book blog I actually want to follow.
@Frances-thanks, hope you got your electricity back--I read in the Post that lots of people still don't have lights. Dead White Guys is the real deal!
@Jane Doe-the paparazzi are everywhere now...
@Brenna-It does seem like YA dominates. Then, close after YA, I notice romance & paranormal...
that is fantastic! thank you!
Some really great blogs here that I wasn't familiar with - thanks so much for sharing!
Thanks for linking to me! I'm glad you like my cake - I feel like good food and good books just go so perfectly together!
@Priya & Lyndsey-thanks for stopping by!
@Mollie-love your blog & always happy to share the love;)
Thanks for sharing these links. The one about the books left in the newly-purchased home was my favorite.
Hey!! Thanks for the shout-out!
It's been feeling way too hot over here too - I'll be happy when camp is over and I can hit the beach!
@Donna-I loved that one too
@Kate-Our heat index is supposed to go as high as 120 degrees today! Ouch! I hope you get some time off before school starts...
Post a Comment