Mission

Bibliophiliac is the space where one passionate, voracious reader reflects on books and the reading life. You will find reviews, analysis, links, and reflections on poetry and prose both in and out of the mainstream.

A book must be the axe for the frozen sea within us. Franz Kafka

Friday, April 22, 2011

Book Blogger Hop April 22-25

The (Crazy for Books) Book Blogger Hop:  April 22-25
Jennifer at Crazy for Books seems to have pretty much invented the Book Blogger Hop.Every week it seems the list of participating book bloggers grows longer--and an eclectic list it is. Surely there are one or two book blogs for you.

This week's question is "If you find a book that you love, do you hunt down other books by the same author?" Heck to the yes! Why do you think there is a book hoarding problem in my house (like the use of the passive voice there?)? Yes, when I first discovered the stories of Alice Munro, I sought out every volume published by her like it was my job. I'm a little miffed at Elizabeth Strout for only having published three books: I'm waiting.....If reading a wonderful book is a little like falling in love, then knowing there are more books out there by the same author is like knowing you will meet again. I'm not sure how much farther I want to take that metaphor, but I'm hoping Robin Black is working on some stories, that David Rhodes has another novel in the works, that all my favorite living authors will be well and keep writing.

1 comment:

Anja K. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Please do read more Ishiguro, and let me know what you think. I'm obviously a big fan and would love to hear other opinions too. :)