Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Versatile Bloggers: A Conspiracy of Kindness
There is a conspiracy afoot, clearly. Within two days I received the Versatile Blogger Award from three separate, lovely bloggers. Now all I have to do is pass it along. Oh, and tell everyone seven things about myself. And thank the awarders, nice folks that they are. In the book blogosphere, what comes around really does go around! Here are the conspirators:
DJ's Life in Fiction (DJ)
My Love Affair with Books (Misha)
A Novel Review (Donna)
1. I've worked my way up and down the east coast, having lived in Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Maryland, New York, Massachusetts, Florida, and South Carolina. I left a couple of states out, but that seems like enough for now.
2. I favor cats over dogs but love all animals.
3. Boxing is my favorite sport, followed by basketball. Freddie Roach rules in the corner.
4. I feel better when I run every other day. Three mile minimum, speed not a factor!
5. My two daughters are my pride and joy. Wouldn't it have been funny to have named them that? Think of the years of therapy! Plus, it's a great blues song...
6. I love being barefoot.
7. I talk to the dolphins, but they never talk back. Probably a good sign.
So check out these three gracious bloggers:
DJ's Life in Fiction
DJ is an aspiring novelist who reads and reviews YA Literature.
My Love Affair with Books
Misha is new to book blogging, and lives in Delhi, India
A Novel Review
Donna has been writing about books on her book blog since April 2010; she writes about back list and new releases.
I'm passing the Versatile Blogger Award on to the following blogs:
1. Reader in the Wilderness (Judith)
2. Books in the Spotlight (Rummanah)
3. amused, bemused and confused (Lyndsey)
4. Super Librarian (Super)
5. Book Lust (Aarti)
6. The Betty and Boo Chronicles (Melissa)
7. Aisle B (PK Reeves)
8. Lit and Life (Lisa)
9. The Window Seat Reader (Bailey)
10. Estella's Revenge (Andi)
11. The Lone Bear (Chris)
This whole award thing should be a gift, not a chore, so if you versatile folks want to pass the award on, please do so. Pick 15 blogs or 3, or just keep it to yourself with one of those pleased, secret smiles. As Donna so graciously puts it, this is just to recognize some of the excellent blogs out there, and you are under no obligation. But if my dear readers want to check out the eleven blogs above, that would be cool.