Feels like 110 degrees here. Again. I'm deeply in love with Rock Island Line by David Rhodes; I can't wait to post my review so you will all fall in love too. But first I have to finish reading the book. In the meantime, as a public service, here are a few things you need to know about, dear readers.
1. Crazy for Books. Jennifer has a post looking for comments on the Book Blogger Hop. It's getting crazy over there, if you hadn't noticed. There are so many blogs on Mr. McLinky that Jennifer is wondering if it is time for some changes in the neighborhood. I weighed in on this (I'm for separating the links by genre) and so should you.
2. Bookworm with a View. There is a great post today called "Here's what I know..." The bookworm just moved, and the previous owner left behind an entire book collection. The post is a fascinating reflection on the portrait created by our books. What would someone know about you by looking at your book collection? Would it be an accurate portrayal of who you really are? Try looking at your bookshelves from the perspective of a stranger--what do you see?
3. Amanda at Zen Leaf had a wonderful post on Sunday: Sunday Salon Comments about why we blog. I loved reading her perspective on followers, rock-star statistics, and friendships between bloggers.
4. Kate's Library is a place I like to drop in nearly every day. Kate just has a lively, natural tone, and reading her posts is like reading a letter from a friend. I especially like her regular feature Friday Five.
5. Jane Doe at Dead White Guys is probably the funniest literary blogger; she writes about serious books in a comic and irreverent way. Her post today, Favorite Books of All is opinionated, quirky, and fun.
6. Eat Run Read is a blog I discovered on the blog hop. What else do you need? Molly has an incredible, edible post today: Summer Peach Chantilly Cake. Gorgeous pictures of her superb looking cake, plus step-by-step instructions. Just looking at her peach and frosting confection made me feel cooler.